All information collected by milkteds® is stored and handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal and financial information collected on this site is used for the sole purpose of processing and delivering your order.
Milkthreads Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration reference ZA098627.
Online security and privacy
A cookie is a text only string of information created by a website on your computer. The website uses this cookie to identify you when you return to the site.
Our cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain from which it has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, in our case a randomly generated unique number.
Most computers are sold with cookies enabled, but you can set your computer to disable cookies if you prefer to. However, you should be aware that the milkteds® website will not work without cookies - you will not be able to login or purchase products if you have disabled cookies.
- allows the site to remember your registration details so you don’t have to re-register each time you visit.
- allows you to add items to your shopping basket without having to login repeatedly.
Cookies may also be used in the following ways:
- to allow us to match promotions and special offers to your preferences or to avoid showing you promotions repeatedly.
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site. This helps us to improve the efficiency of our website for visitors and users.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookies - temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies - remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Collection of personal data
When you register with us we collect the following information: -
Your name and address, a contact telephone number, and an e-mail address.
We keep this information on a secure data system, which is not accessed by anyone other than Milkthreads and its associated companies.
We use login and password controls on our systems.
We keep a record of any correspondence you send us including e-mail messages as this helps us to track any problems or concerns you may have.
We also keep a record of your purchases with us so that we deal quickly with any issue you may have about your order.
Use of personal data
We are committed to safeguarding the personal data of milkteds.com visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. The data we collect is also used in the following ways:
- enabling us to tell you about any special offers or promotions or company news that we feel may be of interest to you – but this is only where you have given permission. You may unsubscribe from receiving such information and offers at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the foot of all communication. To ensure your website account reflects this information, please log in and on your account page tick the relevant box at the bottom of the screen.
- enabling us to contact you (and to ask for your permission to be included if we are planning any market research) so that we establish what you like or don't like about our products and service
- planning our future product purchases so as to try and meet your requirements going forward
- helping us to understand the shopping behaviour of our customers so that we can send you the most relevant information and not waste your time and our money
- when necessary, sharing your information with fraud detection agencies - at all times the information will be secure
- We may share email contacts with any of our sister companies but please note milkteds.com never share your personal contact details with any third parties.
We regularly review this policy to ensure that we continue to comply with all the necessary regulations and give you the utmost confidence in the management of our data